The Groovy Food Company Black Bean & Butternut Squash Tacos29.11.2017
This is a great midweek meal to have up your sleeve. Take everything to the table and let the family dive in and build their own tacos.
Tacos with a twist! These Tacos are wonderfully healthy for all the family to enjoy.
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
The Groovy Food Company has teamed up with chef and author Lisa Roukin to create a variety of innovative and easy to follow recipes that showcase how The Groovy Food Company’s wide selection of alternatives to refined and processed cupboard staples can be incorporated in the kitchen.
To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes
- 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 650g butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar, Light Amber & Mild
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ (half) small bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Zest 1 lime and juice ½ (half)
- 100g Feta, roughly crumbled
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8-12 small soft flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spoon the coconut oil into a large roasting tray and heat in the oven. Add the squash to the tray along with the cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and plenty of seasoning. Mix well and roast for 20 minutes. Tip in the black beans, drizzle over the agave, then toss everything together and roast for another 15 mins.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Mash the avocado, peas, lime zest and juice in a bowl, then stir through most of the herbs and some seasoning.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and pop in the oven with the squash for the last 5 mins, to heat through.
- To serve let everyone dig in and make their own tacos - spread a generous spoonful of guacamole over a tortilla, then top with lettuce, 1-2 tbsp of the black bean mix, a crumbling of feta, a sprinkling of herbs and a squeeze of lime.