Saint Agur Mini Hot Dogs08.5.2019
What could be better than embracing the warm weather with a delicious family picnic ?
Easy to make and convenient to pack, our delicious Saint Agur mini hot dogs will make your outdoor lunches even better!
For the hot dogs
- 8 mini hot dog buns / brioche buns
- 8 small sausages (about 10 cm long or to fit the buns )
- 125 g Saint Agur
For the pickled red onions
- Approximately 4 red onions
- 100 ml water
- 200 ml vinegar
- 150 g cane sugar
- 20 whole white peppercorns
- The day before, prepare the pickled onions: Heat water, sugar and peppercorns at a low temperature until sugar is dissolved. Slice the red onions and place them in a clean jar. Add the vinegar and leave the onions to marinate for 24 hours in the fridge before use. These can be kept in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- Preparation of the hot dogs: Pre-heat your oven to 120C. In a frying pan, cook the sausages then place them in the hot dog buns. Top the hot dogs with Saint Agur and place them in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the hot dogs with the pickled red onions on top.