Focaccia Bites with tomatoes & Parmigiano Reggiano22.10.2019
The spookiest day of the year is fast-approaching, bringing about plenty of opportunities to have a ghoulishly good time with your friends.
This year, while the kids are out getting sweets from the neighbours and celebrating with their friends, why not trick-or-treat yourself to some delicious Halloween-themed recipes with Parmigiano Reggiano?
This Focaccia bites with tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano recipe comes courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano. These are the perfect canapés for a Halloween dinner party or drinks. Feel free to get creative by adding more orange ingredients such as pumpkin or sweet potato to maintain the spooky theme!
- 150g '0' Type flour
- 150g Manitoba flour
- 1 bag Dehydrated brewer's yeast
- 120g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 150ml Water
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Fine salt
- Fresh thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- Put both types of flour, yeast, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh thyme in the bowl of a planetary mixer and start mixing at low speed, a trickle of water and olive oil.
- When the mixture is nicely blended, use a dough hook to knead until smooth and elastic, then add the salt. Place in a bowl and allow to prove until doubled in volume, covering with cling film.
- Shape the dough into 12 balls of the same shape and weight.
- Place each piece in a mould greased with oil. Cut across the surface and top with a cherry tomato. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to prove for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.