Rice noodles with charred cauliflower27.6.2020
Not your average stir-fry and noodle dish.
For a creamier dressing add 2 Tbls. of tahini to the sauce ingredients.
This tasty rice noodles with charred cauliflower and ginger-lime dressing is courtesy of infarm, who are a fantastic urban farming brand.
For the Pasta
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets
- 125 gr rice noodles
- 5 radishes, cut into quarters
- 6 basil leaves, sliced
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- In a medium size pot bring salted water (like you would for pasta) to a boil and add the cauliflower florets. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the florets are slightly softened but still quite firm. Drain the florets but keep the water as we will use this to cook the rice noodles later
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add florets, cut sides facing down. Saute without moving them on medium heat for 6-8 minutes until a nice golden brown caramelisation starts to form. Reduce heat to keep warm
- In the meantime add rice noodles to the pot. Cook for 3 minutes, take off heat, drain and put in cool water to let the starch out. Drain and add fresh water. Repeat a couple of times until the water is clear
- For the sauce combine all ingredients in a jar. Close tightly and shake well until they form a homogenous sauce.
- In a large bowl combine the noodles, cauliflower, dressing, basil slices, radishes and chillies. Stir gently, making sure all ingredients soak up the dressing evenly. Serve