Scary Mummy Cookies05.10.2018
Tasty cookies, perfect for a Halloween treat. These are easy enough for children to make with adult supervision and help with the oven.
This twist on a gingerbread man will look fantastic at your Halloween party! Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker.
To make them into zombies, ice them in green!
- 150g Butter (5 oz) Softened
- 75g Caster Sugar (3 oz)
- 2 ½ ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (½ tsp)
- 225g Plain Flour (8 oz)
- Dr. Oetker Vanilla Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing
- Dr. Oetker Bright Writing Icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy and well blended. Sift the flour on top and carefully mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Divide the mixture in half. Working with one half of the dough at a time – the mixture will be quite short – roll out to a thickness of 1/2cm (1/4inch). Using a 13 x 10cm (5 ¼ x 4inch) gingerbread man cutter, stamp out 4 shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Roll out the other half of dough, with the trimmings, in the same way, and cut out a further 4 shapes.
- Transfer the figures to a baking tray, prick lightly with a fork and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, follow the instructions on the can of Easy Swirl and fit the flat, serrated-edge ribbon nozzle. Pipe backwards and forwards across each figure to resemble loosely fitting bandages, leaving a space for the eyes and mouth. Use the Writing Icing to pipe on the features.
- Once you've decorated all the Mummies, they are ready to serve and enjoy!