Speedy Chicken Korma with Apricots & Cashews08.10.2018
The flavours used in a korma produce a mild, aromatic curry that all the family can enjoy. A versatile blend of spices with a slight kick from the chilli makes this a great sauce to serve with meat, fish or vegetables.
A quick and easy Korma recipe courtesy of Waitrose. If you don’t enjoy a fruity curry, swap the apricots for fine green beans instead.
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 300g pack The Spice Tailor Delicate Korma Curry
- 250g chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 50g dried apricots, halved
- 25g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the whole spices and chilli from the curry pack. Cook for 20 seconds. Add the chicken and fry for 2–3 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
- Add the curry base sauce and cook for 1 minute over a high heat. Stir in the main sauce, apricots and a splash of water and simmer for 5–7 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through with no pink meat.
- Scatter over the cashew nuts and coriander, and serve with basmati rice.