Strawberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Squares06.8.2019
A tasty recipe from Cartwright & Butler, perfect for a picnic or a tasty treat.
- In a bowl combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Tip the biscuit mixture into the foil tray and press firmly filling the whole tray equally. Place the biscuit base in the fridge to set.
- In the meantime, pour the double cream, 200g chocolate and the vanilla into a saucepan. Warm the mixture over a gentle heat until the chocolate has melted. Sprinkle in the sachet of vegetarian gelatin, whisk to combine then remove from the heat to cool.
- In a separate bowl, spoon in the cream cheese. Once cooled, pour in the white chocolate and cream mixture, whisking continuously to create a glossy, creamy mixture.
- Remove the firm base from the fridge and spoon on the jam. Using a pallet knife or the back of a spoon, spread the jam equally over the biscuit base. Carefully pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the jam layer.
- Smooth the cheesecake mixture evenly over the base before returning to the fridge to set for a further 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Just before serving, slice the strawberries in half to create 16 pieces. Carefully melt the remaining 50g white chocolate. Drizzle the strawberries with the melted chocolate and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- When ready to serve, run a warm knife around the edge of the tray to release the cheesecake. Using a cleaned knife on every stroke, slice the cheesecake into 16 equal portions.
- Using scissors cut the foil trail at the corners and once along the straight edges. Peel the foil sides back and using a spatula, transfer the cheesecake squares onto a serving board or plate.
- Top each square with one of the white chocolate drizzled strawberry halves to finish.