Vegan tomato soup with spinach ravioli19.7.2019
A delicious vegan soup recipe, courtesy of Waitrose. You can find thousands more recipes on their website www.waitrose.com/recipes.
Ravioli in soup? Trust us, it works. Roasting the tomatoes enhances their sweetness and adds a beautiful depth to the soup, and butter beans give the soup a lovely, creamy texture without having to add any dairy. Even non-vegans will want a taste of this.
- 2 x 300g packs Waitrose 1 Red Choice Tomatoes, halved
- 3 medium leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 500ml Cooks’ Ingredients Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 250g pack Waitrose & Partners Vegan Spinach Ravioli
- Handful basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the tomatoes, along with any vines (for extra flavour), in a large roasting tray. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme; drizzle over the olive oil and season. Roast for 25 minutes, then add the butter beans, stock and 250ml water to the tray; return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard any woody thyme sprigs and tomato vines from the tray, then tip the contents into a large blender with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Whizz until smooth, loosening with more water if needed and adjusting the seasoning (you may need to add a pinch of sugar or honey, too).
- Cook the ravioli according to pack instructions, then drain and toss with the remaining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Reheat the soup if necessary and divide between bowls. Top each bowl with a few ravioli and basil leaves.